Everyone keeps asking what our next steps are. Well, Jay has a doctors appointment Friday, we are going at 2 Friday to get our fingerprints and background checks done, and I have a doctors appointment Monday. All of this should say we are healthy and not criminals and we are clear to adopt. Carla is scheduled to meet with us again on Tuesday to finish (PLEASE PRAY WE FINISH!) the homestudy and all of this paperwork should give her everything she needs to write.
I have to finish giving everyone the information that needs to be included in our letters of reference, and she needs those. After that, we should be clear. Then, I have to finish our portfolio. I don't know exactly how I am going to do all of that yet, but I have started. Sometimes I am too creative, and I need to just keep it simple. lol
Then, we wait and pray. Jay and I still VERY much feel like we are exactly where God wants us and we are doing exactly what God wants us to do. This week has been hard...in a lot of areas, but this one being one of the hardest. We have faith, and we are confident that God is leading us where He would have us to go. We feel very sure that before too long He will lead us to our child. We don't know how long that will be, so just keep praying for us!!!
Open House this Saturday, June 21st
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment